A new, purpose designed sculptured studio.
This new studio was constructed to signify the schools recent award of Specialist Arts Status. The project provided a shop window to the most interesting and creative arts projects whilst rejuvenating the existing school entrance.
The key brief from the client was as follows
- To work extremely closely with the project architect and the school to deliver the building on time and within an agreed budget
- To carry out the work in accordance with CDM regulations
- The copper roof was a “must have” whilst the rest of the contract was constantly being reviewed to keep the scheme within budget
- Complying with the latest Building Regulation requirements
The work consisted of…
- A tradition block work cavity wall construction with the front elevation being slightly curved to follow the line of the existing road
- A single ply membrane roof wrapped with a vertical copper fascia
- Full height powder coated windows to maximise the use of natural light for the students
- Fixed cedar cladding on the side elevations