A local landmark property in Dartmouth.
The key brief from the customer was as follows…
- To work closely and to fully comply with the conservation officers requirements and specific details
- To restore certain historical features within the building to how it was when it had been originally constructed
- To maintain the highest levels of craftsmanship throughout
- To keep the working areas safe and clean at all times.
The work consisted of…
- Replacing the existing curved box sash windows
- Machining and installing new oak working shutters around the box sash windows
- Carrying out localised repairs to other joinery and masonry items
- Carrying out repairs to the existing lead roofs
- Carefully removing and replicating an existing bedroom ceiling featuring a gentle curve from the centre point to a more pronounced radius where the ceiling meets the wall